I always miss this one

There is supposed to be a stall here, but I miss this one every single time, and I just missed it again.
It says that the stall is difficult to see, but I just don’t see it. I don’t see it at all. This one really frustrates me! The description says that the luminescence makes the stall difficult to see, but I’ve seen this movie many times, and I never see it. Sorry, if this is the wrong place for this. Please move it somewhere else if it is the wrong place to be putting this.

Hi Mike,

This movie finally came up for me. This one is tricky because a stall doesn’t appear and persist the way they do in some other movies. Instead the flow through the vessel appears to stop and then start again. I find it helpful in movies like this to put my mouse arrow over the spot where the vessel appears to stop or pause and see if it continues in that spot, or starts again further along. If you place an arrow over the point where the flow through the vessel pauses, you can see that the gap persists from slice 32-34.

1 Like

Okay, thanks for the advice! I’ll probably still get it wrong the next time around, but on the other hand maybe all this discussion will help me to remember it the next time I see it. It’s gotten to the point with many of the movies that I know the answer because I’ve seen the movie so many times before, but with this one, I still always miss it. How do you make the arrow appear? One tutorial that would be helpful would be how to use Windows screenshot maker to make these images. I don’t know how to do it. I feel like it’s kind of embarrassing because I seem to be the only one who doesn’t know how to use Windows screenshot maker, but I don’t. Anyway, if someone could do it tutorial about how these screenshots are made, it would really help me a lot. Thanks, Mike

Mike, I had never even heard of the Windows “Snipping Tool” until a recent discussion. Your inquiry prompted me to try it. I went to Windows Accessories, selected the snipping tool, clicked “New” on the Snipping Tool menu bar, outlined a section of a movie, saved it,

, and tried the “Upload” button above this text box for the first time. Lo & behold, it works!
Sorry about the stray blue line; I accidentally clicked the wrong spot on the menu bar and didn’t know how to undo it. :flushed: I need more practice, but give it a try.
Mike C.

2 Likes

There is a shortcut for the snipping tool, it is Windows key + Shift + s. You can draw a box around what you want to screenshot and it will be copied to your clipboard. Then it can be edited by pasting into Microsoft paint or whatever your favourite drawing program is, most have built in arrows. I don’t use a screenshot tool, it would take too much time to screenshot each frame. I have experience with a microscope image analysis software program called ImageJ which I use to download an edit the images.

2 Likes

Okay, thanks! At least I know now where it’s located, so I might use it sometime. The screenshot program that I used also as the capability to draw arrows I think, but I can’t remember how to use it to make the arrows.

Okay, thanks for letting me know! Your program sounds too complicated for me, but you can make great images with it. I don’t think I’m ever going to get that skilled with making the images.