Great night!

Hi Mike, (@caprarom)

I tried to reply to your email but it came back to me. This is the only way I know how to get the word to you.

I wanted to thank you for a very enjoyable night ( boy that sounds weird!!). Anyway, I have not laughed that hard in a while. Every time one of us would “jump” over the other, I cackled like crazy! The cat and mouse game in the other night’s session was a hoot! Altho, I was laughing so much that I missed like 3 in a row. Guess I am going to have to be more careful.
Until next time,
Carol

2 Likes

Thanks, Carol. I had fun as well, and was sorry when I had to bail on you. Looking forward to our next engagement - and yes, that all does sound a bit “weird” taken out of context. :smile:
It took me quite a while before I stumbled onto how this forum enables private messaging. If you want to send a note to a specific user, as I did to you, there’s a few routes to take. I’ll describe the two I use below. First, however, I should mention that the email you saw was not from me directly, but system generated. You can’t reply to it directly. (I failed at that in the past as well, just ask Egle.) You have to do so from the forum. OK:

1. Upon entering the forum, you can click on your icon in the upper right. It would have a number abutting it in the upper quadrant if you had one or more new, unread messages. Once you’ve clicked on it, you’ll see a recent notification listing. You can then click on any of those topics/messages to send a reply.
  2. Instead of the icon, you can click on the three horizontal bars to the left of it. From the menu that pops up, select “Users.” Find the icon of the user to whom you wish to send a message and click on it. Then click the green “Message” box. Type your message (make sure to put something in the subject line), then click “Message” to send it. The recipient will get an email notification like you did to alert them they have a private message. If the message is as long as this one, I believe only the beginning of the text will be displayed in the email. They’ll see the full message when accessing it in the forum.
    I hope I’ve got that correct, and that it’s of some use to you. I also think you can click on a user’s icon anywhere in the forum you might find it to send a private message.
    “See” you soon.
    Mike
2 Likes