Where did you hear about Stall Catchers?

We’re interested in learning how you heard about us. Was it, for example, on a news website, or did someone tell you about it, or did it appear on social media? Please let us know! http://bit.ly/HearAboutEOA

“For anyone wondering, I heard about it because Egle (@seplute) told me!” - Alice, our forum manager

1 Like

Hello! I was a Dustmod from Stardust@Home. I hope to see some old friends here!

1 Like

Nikita - It’s an honor to have an original duster here - and a Dustmod, no less! Thanks for joining us!

Best wishes,
Pietro

1 Like

I was asked by Alice to volunteer. I know her from the old Galaxy Zoo days.

1 Like

Alice asked. I need to add characters to have at least 20 to be allowed to post. Although, now that I’ve thought about it for half a second, This prevents all the little “yes”, “me too” and “you go girl” posts that clog a thread. I’m happy :smile:

1 Like

Thank you - it’s fantastic to have a bonafide Zooite helping us test!
Best,
Pietro

All roads lead to Alice :wink: Glad to have you aboard, Garrett_cw!
Best,
Pietro

Haha - I’ve changed the character limit for posts now!

Hopefully, you’ll be hearing about us from many news sources now …

1 Like

Hi, Nikita (and Alice). I’m also one of the original Stardusters from early in Phase I. I heard about this project from the Berkeley Team and like another of our dedicated dusters, Evelyn, was privileged to participate in the alpha and beta testing for this new and very worthy project. I’m not much of a social media user, so just got around to checking out this forum today. Regards to all our new associates. Mike C.

2 Likes

Hi Mike!

Glad to have you on board! Happy stall catching … :blush: I see you are already on the climb to the top! :sweat_smile:

Must have been an e-mail from Zooniverse, though I can’t find it now.

Oh cool - so you are another Zooniverse veteran? :slight_smile: (Galaxy zoo or …?)

Snapshot Serengeti. I forget how I heard about that, but it’s cool.

1 Like

I heard about Stall Catchers from the Research Review Spring 2017 newsletter from Bright Focus Foundation. There’s a tiny little article about it on the back page of that newsletter. In the article, they kind of make it sound like the game is over, so you might want to send them an update, and let them know that the game isn’t over, and maybe they should run another article about it in a future issue of the newsletter.

2 Likes

I heard about it from an Alzheimer’s Disease Research newsletter.

1 Like

Hello,
My husband told me about it one morning back in the spring. After watching a documentary on ALZ, he said “have I got a game for you”. He pulled up the show and game, I watched and read everything I could on it. I logged on that afternoon and haven’t stopped “catching” since!

2 Likes

Mark2Cure on Twitter https://twitter.com/Mark2Cure publicized Stall Catchers quite a bit and I finally gave it a try.

1 Like

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

What about others? :innocent: @gcalkins @60eyesonalz60 @Garrett_cw @Carla @danielnelson @Dedwards @devon @LotteryDiscountz @Elamber @evelynrsmith @Evelyn @stephencpcd @GnabGib @germfighter @jak9246 @Jwb52z @JeanGulden @karenvan @Kelly @Muverethi @Mahonka @danielnelson @Pat @phpguru @Patricia @sean4046 ?

I heard about it in he Crowd & the Cloud series on PBS last April.

1 Like